Posted on: 31 May 2022
Water well pumps are an important part of any water well system. They are responsible for drawing water up from the well and sending it to the surface. Here's what you need to know.
What is a water well pump?
A water well pump is a device that is used to pump water out of a water well. There are two main types of water well pumps:
- Submersible pumps. Submersible pumps are submerged in the water that they are pumping and use a variety of methods to move the water.
- Surface pumps. Surface pumps are not submerged in the water and use a variety of different methods to move the water.
While both types of pumps work to move water in a well from the ground to your home, the main difference is that a submersible pump typically uses a variety of different methods to move the water, while surface pumps typically use only one.
How do you know there is a problem with a water well pump?
There are a few signs that there may be a problem with your water well pump:
- Not working. This may be due to a variety of factors, such as a power outage, a clogged filter, or a broken switch.
- Making strange noises. If your water well pump is making strange noises, it may be due to a build-up of sediment in the pump or a problem with the bearings.
- Leaking. If your water well pump is leaking, it may be due to a problem with the seals or the gaskets.
- If you are experiencing any of the above, you need to call a professional out to inspect your well.
What do you need to know about water well pump installation?
There are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to water well pump installation:
- Type of pump. The type of pump that you need will depend on the depth of your well and the amount of water that you need to pump.
- Depth of well. The depth of your well will also determine the type of pump that you need.
- Water level. The water level in your well will determine the type of pump that you need.
- Soil type. The type of soil that your well is in will determine the type of pump that you need.
- Pump size. The size of the pump will determine the flow rate and the pressure of the water.
These are just a few things to keep in mind when it comes to water well pump installation. For more information, please contact a professional well drilling company.
Do you need to prime a water well pump?
After water well pump installation, you will need to prime the pump in order to get it started. Priming a water well pump is a simple process that involves adding water to the pump so that it can start moving water through the system.
If you live with a water well, you know that it is important to keep the well and the water well pump in good working condition. If you are unsure of the condition of your water well pumps or think you need a new water well pump installation, talk to your local well pump expert.
For more information on water well pump installation, contact a professional near you.Share